This is a "universal" supercharger kit designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted big block Chevrolet engines.
- This system requires the installer to supply a high volume fuel pump and properly jetted 4150 style carburetor unit (with mechanical secondaries)
- We have verified this kit to fit on 1964-1972 Chevelle / Malibu models equipped with a cowl induction hood. Minor bottom-side hood support modifications may be required depending upon the type of intake manifold installed on the engine.
- This kit may also fit other Chevrolet models, but has not been confirmed
- Horsepower gains (depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency etc.): 30-75%+
- Supplied pulley ratio will produce approximately 5-6 psi at 5000 rpm on a mildly modified 454" engine
- Installation time: 4-10 hours depending on application
- V7 YSi-trim supercharger with 3.33" pulley 10-rib (CW rotation; straight discharge)
- Cast aluminum mounting bracket with all necessary hardware
- New twin 1/2" thick billet aluminum mounting plates for rigid supercharger attachment
- Supercharger drive:
- Belt tensioner with dual bearing, billet aluminum idler pulley
- Includes 61.8” 10-rib belt, billet aluminum accessory drive crank pulley (3 groove) with hard anodize finish and spacer for use with long water pump spacing
- 10-rib billet aluminum supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (7” diameter)
- Available drive component accessories to convert to 36 or 50mm wide 8mm pitch cog drive. See optional components below for part numbers
- 3.5” diameter cast aluminum discharge tube assembly with clamps, silicone sleeves and hardware
- Supercharger oil drain assembly
- Supercharger oil feed assembly
- Cast aluminum carburetor enclosure assembly (use with 4150 Holley or Demon Carburetor)
- Enclosure features front and rear –8 fuel inlet ports as well as multiple locations for pressure/vacuum connections. Linkage arms, splined shaft, and left/right hand spherical rod ends are included for simple throttle connection and adjustment.
- Optional fuel line kits are available. They include custom bent stainless steel lines, billet -8 bulkhead adapter with fuel pressure port and plug, -8/-6 junction tee, aluminum swivel hose ends and USCG approved fuel hose. See optional components below for part numbers.
This system was designed to fit on engines equipped with a "long" water pump. Vortech includes a 3-groove accessory drive crank pulley (for use with "long" style water pumps only). If this kit is to be installed on an engine equipped with a "short" water pump, a custom accessory drive crank pulley and spacer will be required.
For engines equipped with power steering, a remote reservoir (GM "type 2") style pump will be required as well as an optional Vortech power steering pump bracket and pulley assembly. Depending on the vehicle, power steering lines may require fabrication.
Power steering pump: OE on 1987 GM Pontiac Sunbird, NAPA # 20-874
Vortech power steering bracket/pulley assembly: 4GA110-010
- WE CAN BEAT ANY PRICE ON PAXTON, VORTECH, LYSHOLM, OR VORTRON
|4GA218-040||Big Block Chevy Kit, Gen 2, V-7 YSi-Trim, with Carb Enclosure, Satin Finish make offer||$3816.99|
|4GA218-048||Big Block Chevy Kit, Gen 2, V-7 YSi-Trim, with Carb Enclosure, Polished Finish make offer||$4104.99|
CALL SHANON AT 507 445 3235 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Warning: May cause cancer and reproductive harm.